Biofrontera's equity story at a glance
>> Learn more
Biofrontera Group (FSE: B8F, ISIN DE0006046113) Biofrontera is a biopharmaceutical company specializing in the development, sale and distribution of drugs, medical devices and medical cosmetics for the care and treatment of skin diseases.
Biofrontera’s combination lead product is topical prescription drug Ameluz® and medical device BF-RhodoLED® for the photodynamic therapy (PDT) treatment of superficial skin cancer and its precursors. Ameluz® has been marketed in the EU since 2012 and in the U.S. since 2016.
Biofrontera is the first German pharmaceutical start-up company to obtain centralized EU and now U.S. approval for a medical device/drug it has developed itself.
The Company also markets the Belixos® dermocosmetics series in the EU, which offers specialized care for damaged or diseased skin.
The Biofrontera Group was established in 1997 by Prof. Dr Hermann Lübbert, the Chairman of the company's Management Board, and has its headquarters in Leverkusen, Germany.
Biofrontera at a glance
- founded in 1997 by Prof. Dr. Hermann Lübbert, CEO of the Company
- October 2006: listing of Biofrontera shares on the Düsseldorf Stock Exchange
- 2009: market introduction of Biofronteras cosmeceutical product Belixos®
- 2011: EU-wide approval of Biofronteras prescription drug Ameluz®
- 2012: Market introduction of Ameluz® in Germany, The Netherlands, Scandinavia, Austria and UK,
- 2012: Approval of PDT Lamp BF-RhodoLED® as a medical device
- 2013: Market introduction of Ameluz® in Spain and Slovenia
- 2014: Launch of Belixos® LIQUID and Belixos® GEL
- 2015: Launch of Ameluz® in Belgium, self-marketing of Ameluz® in Spain
- 2015: Launch of Belixos® PROTECT
- 2016: Excellent results for Ameluz® in pivotal clinical study for basal cell carcinoma
- 2016: FDA grants approval for Ameluz®/BF-RhodoLED® in the US
- 2016: EU-wide approval of Ameluz® for field-directed PDT
- 2017: EMA approved Ameluz® for the treatment of basal cell carcinoma
- 2017: Biofrontera files label extension for Ameluz® in EU to include treatment with Daylight-PDT for Actinic Keratosis
- Management board: Prof. Dr. Hermann Lübbert (CEO), Thomas Schaffer (CFO), Christoph Dünwald (CCO)
- Supervisory board: Dr. Ulrich Granzer (head of supervisory board), Jürgen Baumann, Dr. Mark Reeth, Dr. John Borer, Kevin Weber, Hansjörg Plaggemars
- Local representatives: Bipharma B.V. (The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg), Desitin Arzneimittel GmbH (Denmark, Norway and Sweden), Louis Widmer SA (Switzerland and Liechtenstein), Pelpharma Handels GmbH (Austria), Perrigo Israel Agencies Ltd. (Israel)